Hi everyone! Today I’m going to show you a snippet of why I love essential oils so much and how they allow me to save money virtually every day!
I am a HUGE advocate of essential oils and how they have improved the lives of my family, home and even my fur kids! More on that later in a separate post. 🙂
For now, this easy recipe can save you money on all those bottled, foaming hand soap dispensers you find yourself purchasing on a regular basis filled with chemicals and dyes. Over here, a family of six runs through them pretty fast! That’s why I’m so excited to share this easy recipe with you. 🙂
- Foaming hand soap dispenser
- Distilled Water
- Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castille Soap
- 100% Pure Vegetable Glycerine (I use NOW Solutions found at Whole Foods)
- Vitamin E oil (optional)
- 8-10 drops essential oils of your choosing (I only trust Young Living Essential Oils)
It’s my bet that most people have used a foaming soap dispenser before and will have one free to use. If not, you can find them online. I quickly found a 3-pack on Amazon for $10.98. I had several on hand so that part was free for me. I LOVE FREE!
Okay, I’m not going to be terribly technical here with all the amounts because a lot of these soap dispensers are shaped differently. If you are one of the Type A’s that needs exact amounts, LOOK AWAY NOW! Teehee…
- Wash your soap dispenser before using and allow to dry naturally
- Fill your soap dispenser approximately a 1/3 full of Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap
- Add approximately two teaspoons vegetable glycerin
- Add 2-4 drops Vitamin E oil (Optional – I LOVE soft hands so I add it in) 😉
- 8-12 drops of your favorite essential oils
- Fill the dispenser with distilled water almost to the top. Leave room for foam and screwing the top back in
- Give your hands a wash with this luxurious homemade hand soap and enjoy!
The following are a few essential oil recipes I enjoy using for hand soap:
- 10 drops Thieves (when you need super, duper extra protection keeping bacteria away)
- 5 drops Lavender and 5 drops Frankincense
- 5 drops Peppermint and 3 drops Joy (Joy is a blend created by Young Living)
The Castile soap, vegetable glycerin, Vitamin E, distilled water and essential oils will last you SO much longer than purchasing a new dispenser, or even the refills on a regular basis! The savings really start to add up!
Tips: Give your soap dispenser a gentle shake before each use since oil and water will separate. If you decide to use citrus oils in your soap, please use a glass or stainless steel dispenser. Citrus will eat away at plastic causing a chemical change preventing your body from receiving the oil’s benefits.
Please be sure to do your research before picking essential oils. Stay tuned for an upcoming post with more information about why Young Living is the only brand I trust with my family, pets, friends and myself!
In the meantime, enjoy the benefits of your natural and luxurious DIY foaming hand soap!